This website provides resource materials related to Extension programming in Irrigation and information sources on irrigation. For Dr. Fipps’ full site, visit gfipps.org.
Specializing in irrigation technology, water quality and water management, Dr. Fipps has devoted 25 years to improving irrigation efficiency, developing new technologies, and promoting efficient water management. His expertise has been sought across the globe, and he has had a major impact on farm profitability and water conservation throughout north, central and south Texas.
Dr.Fipps in Rwanda helping with Pivot Irrigation
- Professor and Extension Specialist, Texas A&M, 1988-present
- Senior Advisor for Water, US Dept of State, US Embassy, Kabul Afghanistan 2005-2006
- Founding Director, Irrigation Technology Center 2003-2012
- USDA National Needs Fellow, NCSU 1985-1988
- Peace Corps Volunteer – “Well Digger”, Burkina Faso 1975-1977
- Person of the Year, Irrigation Association, 2015
- Professional Engineer of the Year, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 2014
- Merrian Improved Irrigation Award, United States Commission on Irrigation and Drainage, 2013
- Award for the Advancement of Surface Irrigation, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 2012
- Excellence in Extension Education., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2011
- Award for Superior Service, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, 2009